ERPNext Conference 2018
ERPNext Conference 2018
October 24 – 27, Mumbai
Days 1 & 2: Contribution Sprint
In Association with
KJ Somaiya College of Engineering
- Bug quashing sprint: Try and fix all issues tagged as “bug” on GitHub Issues.
- Build a feature: Scratch your own itch by contributing a feature you really want in the product.
- Test Coverage Sprint: Add test coverage, refactor tests where missing.
- Documentation Sprint: Add missing developer documentation.
For Non Developers
- Issue Cleanup Sprint: Review and respond to un-replied issues. Review all old issues and either tag them or close them if they are not relevant.
- Documentation Sprint: Writing missing documentation for ERPNext modules or features.
- Article Writing Sprint: Write general purpose articles on ERP systems, benefits, challenges, implementation strategies that can be published on ERPNext.org
- Venue: K.J. Somaiya College of Engineering (5th Floor), Vidyavihar
- Event starts at 9.30am
- Lunch at KJ Somaiya Canteen, included in the cost
- Group Dinner (optional, will be decided on the spot)
Day 3 & 4: Unconference
The conference will be planned as an unconference and will be streamed live!
26th and 27th October, 2018
King’s Circle, Matunga, Mumbai – 400019,
Day 3: Sessions on 26th October
1. Upcoming Contributions
What are the list of planned contributions? Sneak preview / demo of features being developed by various teams in the community. What are best practices while preparing and planning for a contribution?
2. Implementation Stories, Challenges and Best Practices
How did ERPNext benefit the organization? What are some nice hacks that worked well for a company? What are the challenges in implementing ERPNext? How to manage organization change? How to handle migration? How to handle integrations?
3. Service Provider Stories, Challenges and Best Practices
How to make money from ERPNext? How do we balance the needs of service providers against end users? How did successful service providers make money? What are plans of service providers? How does competition affect the service providers? What are challenges faced by service providers?
Day 4: Sessions on 27th October
1. Contribution and Volunteering
What are the things people can contribute with? What are the challenges faced by contributors? Who are the best contributors? How do contributors benefit? How can people volunteer for non technical activities? How do we improve the co-ordination between the volunteers? What has been the story so far?
2. Vision of ERPNext
What should be the long term vision of ERPNext? Should it focus on being the best product for the end user, or the service provider? What should or should not be a part of ERPNext? What are the next big things users will want, AI? How roles do all of us have to play in this vision?
3. Role of the ERPNext Foundation
What are the goals of the foundation? What should be the role of the foundation? Should foundation do more events, services, features? Should the foundation hire more developers? How should the foundation be governed?
- Venue: Mysore Association Auditorium, King’s Circle, Matunga
- Breakfast starts at 8.30am
- Lunch break will be at 1pm
- Dinner starts at 6.30pm at Matunga Gujarati Seva Mandal